Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Verena or Evanthia? Too strange for you

Verena or Evanthia? Too strange for you?
Name: Evanthia Gender: Feminine Origin: Greek Meaning: Blossoming Flower Name: Verena Gender: Feminine Origin: German, Late Roman Possibly related to Latin verus "true". Saint Verena was a 3rd-century Egyptian-born nurse who went with the Theban Legion to Switzerland. After the legion was massacred she settled near Zurich. Would anyone feel more comfortable with Isabelle or Claire? Something safe?
Baby Names - 11 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I liek Verena. The other doesn't seem very appealing. Sounds like you're trying too hard to sound original. Like naming your kid Apple.
2 :
Don't really like Verena, but I think Evanthia is really pretty!
3 :
Verena sounds like a woman's sanitary product. Evanthia sounds like the name an investment group might give itself. Verena is quite nice though.
4 :
I like the sound of verana better , but I don't like either really
5 :
weird <_<
6 :
Verena sounds alright; kind of like Serena with a V. I don't care for Evanthia at all. It just isn't my style. I don't find it to be a pretty name at all. So I suppose I'd go with Verena, but I'm not loving either one to be honest.
7 :
I like Evanthia! It's unique. Verena sounds like a medical condition.
8 :
They are both so pretty! :) Verena is nice, similar to Serena, which makes it look normal, but not over the top. I cannot get over how beautiful the name Evanthia is, but it's a bit "too out there".
9 :
well, Verena sounds better to me. Claire and Isabelle are both beautiful names!
10 :
I like unusual names and think both are very pretty. To me safe names can sometimes, and I do mean only sometimes, be boring. Evanthia is my favorite of the two.
11 :
I like them both better than Isabelle. But Claire is one of my favorites for a middle name.



Read more discussion :