Sunday, February 28, 2010

What are some easy, healthy, snacks for a nursing mother

What are some easy, healthy, snacks for a nursing mother?
I just had my daughter about 6 weeks ago and I am pumping my breast milk because of nursing issues and its very time consuming. So between her, pumping, and other house hold duties I need some recipes for easy snacks. I love swiss oatmeal and like banana bread but they get old after a little while and don't last long. I need something I can prepare ahead of time and can be served cold or reheated in the microwave. I tried looking on the Internet but I just don't have the time to spend searching the millions of sites. I know the basics like fruit, veggies, and yogurt but I was looking for something a little different to switch it up for the taste buds. Thank you for all your suggestions!
Other - Food & Drink - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try almonds, they are one of the best snacks you can eat.
2 :
After I had my daughter I was so busy. I would make wheat buttered pasta with a little salt and keep it in a container. I would make a lot of it and have a little when I got hungry. It heats up quickly, is very satisfying, and doesn't make a mess.
3 :
Trail mix, buy some or make your own. I like to make my own by mixing together: raisins, peanuts, and chocolate chips. Cheese and crackers, plenty or room for variety there..
4 :
Make some snack sized savoury scones in a muffin pan. Make some snack sized baby pies in your muffin pan. Most people will come up with a variety of regular muffin recipes, but try some of these ones. http://allrecipes.com.au/recipes/tag-1904/savoury-muffins-recipes.aspx


Read more discussion :