Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life in Zurich, Switzerland

Life in Zurich, Switzerland?
I am 18 years old, from Canada, and I am planning on moving to Zurich in the next 4 to 5 years after I get my degree for a registered nurse. What is the job outlook for this occupation there? I was wondering if anyone would like to share some experiences of living in Switzerland and give me some advice about the work and life there. I love Europe and I heard that Zurich is one of the best cities. If anyone would like to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated :)
Zurich - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, I'm originally from Zürich... I think, it's one of the best towns in Switzerland (but not really in Europe..). It has plenty of jobs to offer as well as unnumbered leisure possibilities. An absolute must, if you want to work there as a nurse: Fluency in German (actually, the language spoken by the locals is called Allemanic, some also call it Swiss-German)! Since you still have a few years to go, use it for that purpose. Living costs are much higher than in Canada which I know from personal travel experience. If you would want to look for a job, first try at the local clinics such as the University Hospital: http://www.en.usz.ch/german/default Good luck!