Thursday, April 1, 2010

Can You Think Of Any Social Things To Do

Can You Think Of Any Social Things To Do?
I asked a similar question in another category and got two whole answers. So. I wont go into why but I have zero friends where I live. So I need to find social things I can do, like groups I could join or things I could volunteer at or whatnot where I could meet people in a social setting. Some disclaimers, it can't cost a ton. I live in Kentucky not Manhattan. I want things that DONT involve discussing Agatha Christie with the old ladies at the library or helping the old folks gum their swiss steaks to death at the nursing home. I love and respect old people but I cant seeing bringing 5 90 year old dudes home to play CODMW2. Any suggestions You got, bring it. I asked it here so I'd get more than 2 answers. Thanks BQ: Songs about volunteers? LARP? googles Good suggestion Howling *Bookmarks We have no homeless shelters, all the bums here sleep under overpasses and in front of Goodys That's an epic idea Josh
Rock and Pop - 14 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm sure this is going to be a very unoriginal answer for this section but my vote goes to concerts. Try local shows because those are way more personal and I'm sure there are all different genres around so you could meet whoever you want. Good luck dude!
2 :
LARPing
3 :
How about Kevin's Mom? She is pretty good I hear.....bow chika bow wow
4 :
You could always follow in my Footsteps, as self indulging as that advice may seem.... I volunteer on a regular basis in Homeless Shelters, Soup Kitchens and in Charitable organizations like The Red Cross and The Salvation Army... I go there as often as I can and do whatever is required of me, I go to these places with no expectations and no plans..Not only does it eat up time, but it makes one feel needed, and at the sametime makes one feel like they're helping those who need it more then ourselves.... Volunteers-Jefferson Airplane
5 :
i don't know about your religious affiliation or anything, but going to a youth group at a church can help you to meet people of your age in your area. granted you will have a lot of people trying to preach at you, but it's not always preachy. depends on the church i guess volunteer at food banks, hospitals, red cross...etc. maybe also look into something related to your intrests. you may find a recording studio, or a theater or something that you could volunteer with to meet people that are into the same things that you. i'd start with your intrests and call places and say you want to volunteer. you may even work a job out of it and start making some money. money can buy friends. being in kentucky you will be limited. you may have to just start hanging out at bowling allies checking out high school girls. it worked for wooderson in dazed and confused.
6 :
If you play an instrument check out craigslist ads for bands looking for members.
7 :
Isn't golf the in thing for white men to do? You should learn to golf well and "accidentally" run into some cool looking people on a course.
8 :
Volunteering always works! Help out at a place where you can meet people with similar interests who are also helping. Or, pick up a fun paying job. Something that you'd do for fun, not for money. Make sure you love what you're doing, and if you're happy, then others will be too, and you can branch out and get to know them better. Also, *please don't laugh at this*, there's always local sports teams, like adult leagues, which are totally non-competitive. (Again, I don't know if you have a local rec center or something like that). EDIT BECAUSE I JUST CAME UP WITH SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!! You like music, right?Well.. of course :) Work at a MUSIC STORE! (or a record store... you get what I mean.) And enlighten people with better music than Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber!
9 :
Adam stole my answer. I agree though, you should definitely hit up some concerts/local shows. I've made a few friends at concerts and you'd more than likely be around people who share some of the same interests. If I could, I'd fly to Kentucky right now, give you a big hug (granted you're not like over six feet tall, I'm just a measly 5'8) and than say something along the lines of "Come on let's go find a shopping cart and see what we can't come up with" :D BA: I can't think of a single song about volunteers, so instead I'm just gonna give you a song I've been listening to nonstop today, and it's Japanese so have fun with that :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C6wYerMEmw
10 :
college? go hang out on campus like u go there lol ppl do actually do that...
11 :
Idk, go paintballing... and while I just TD'd Jerry... I now am coming to think golfing ain't the worst idea (sorry dude it just seemed racist). BQ: Volunteers - Jefferson Airplane
12 :
Build a homeless shelter.
13 :
How about going to church or maybe helping out with at animal shelters
14 :
maybe you could get a dog or something walking the dog in the park can be very social cuter the dog usually the better if lookin to meet ladies adoption strollin the park with new cute ass baby always good mail order brides are usually obediant you don't even have to go anywhere music clubs i know round my parts there is a group that meets up every week and listen to old obscure vinyls and bootlegs that seems to be right up your alley peace from the final frontier



Read more discussion :