Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thank you to all who answered my question on euthanasia

Thank you to all who answered my question on euthanasia!!!?
Thank you to all those answerers who decided to answer my question. I see that most would be supportive of legalizing euthanasia. Legalizing only means that the doctor/nurse who helps you along cannot be prosecuted for murder. Did any of you know that Oregon has euthanasia laws? Another country is the Netherlands adn a third one is Switzerland. Legalizing this would ensure that those who don't want to live due to terminal illness can get the chance of a dignified final exit--unlike suicide which can be painful and go wrong.... As far as my condition is concerned am I at the point where quality of life does suffer--but I decided to stick it out a little while longer, because I do want to meet my grandchildren before I make that final deciion...so thank you for all the good opinions, which I had not expected.
Religion & Spirituality - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am glad , that for now ... you are sticking it out grandchildren are a good reason to try a little harder however , I hope that whenever life has given you too much that you find peace ((((HUGS))))
2 :
I hope the time until you make that decision is filled with love and joy. Hugs to you.
3 :
Be honest with your doctor when its time too. Majority of doctors will help you go quietly and with the pain control they have now, it is more dignified. I have seen many patients just use the pain control to pass away, on mutual sides by doctors and patient and family, just discuss it now ahead of time, so that way you know where you stand with your doctor when the time arises. I'm sorry to hear about your condition.
4 :
I live in Washington state, only a 150 miles or so from Oregon. Their assisted suicide law is a model for the rest of the nation, in my opinion. Washington is trying to hash one out now. I applaud you in your battle; even though you are having some problems, I believe that it's important to keep going as long as you reasonably can. Life is a precious commodity, and I hope that you make it to see your grandchildren. Dylan Thomas was right: "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." but it's also right to let go when you have striven your utmost best. I don't know if you are a believer, but I hope that you will have refuah shlema - the renewal of mind, body, and spirit, to deal with what you must. Shalom.





 Read more discussion :